- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- how to contact us and a supervisory authority should you have a complaint.
2. Who we are
Best Gas Boilers Ltd (company number: 10859116) whose registered office is 66 St Peter’s Avenue, Cleethorpes, DN35 8HP (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’).
We own and operate a website; www.bestgasboilers.com (the ‘Website’) through which consumers can obtain quotes for the supply and installation of boilers by third parties (the ‘Services’).
In providing the Services, We control and process certain personal information about you and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (2016/679) (‘GDPR’) We are a:
- ‘Data Controller’: We determines the purpose and method of processing your personal information; and
- ‘Data Processor’: We collect, record, organise, structure, store and /or use your personal information.
3. The personal information We collect and use
We may collect your personal information through;
- your use of Our Website; or
- when you contact Us by:
- completing a quote submission form on Our Website;
- telephone; and / or
- email and/or
- in writing.
Information collected by Us
We may collect the following categories of personal information (‘Personal Information’) from you when you provide it:
‘Contact Data’: This may include, for example, your name, address, telephone number and email address, which We collect for the purpose of providing the Services to you.
‘Enquiry Data’: includes information (other than Contact Data) which you provide to Us when contacting Us in relation to the provision of the Services to you.
‘Usage Data’: This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your Website use. The source of the Usage Data is Our Google analytics tracking system. This Usage Data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the Website.
Use of your Personal Information
We have a legitimate interest in collecting your Personal Information for the following uses:
- to provide the Services to you (including for the avoidance of doubt, quotes from third parties); and
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of those Services;
Information from Third Parties
Occasionally We may receive Personal Information about you from third parties, which We will add to the Personal Information We already hold about you where necessary in the provision of Services to you.
Where appropriate and proportionate, We will advise of the source and type of that Personal Information. Your rights in relation to that Personal Information are also as set out below.
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve Our content and to help us better understand your requirements and interests;
- target Our marketing more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third parties who may also set cookies on Our Services, for example: typeform.com, google.com, hellosign.com, gocardless.com. These third parties are responsible for the cookies they set on Our Website. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of Our Services. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Who We share your Personal Information with
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties throughout Our provision of the Services to you:
- Third party suppliers and installers of boilers, third party introducers of installers and suppliers of boilers.
We will share Personal Information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
4. How long your Personal Information will be kept
The Personal Information that We process will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the processing purpose.
We will retain your Personal Information for the duration of the period of the Services. Your Personal Information will be deleted from Our systems within 1 year from the end of that period.
In some instances, your Personal Information may be retained for a longer period. This includes where it is necessary for Us to defend or bring any actual or contemplated legal proceedings.
We may retain your Personal Information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject.
We may use your Personal Information to send marketing communications to you, including:
- advertisements for Our Services and offers in relation to those Services; and
- new developments or changes to the Services.
You will be asked to expressly agree in advance to Our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
You may opt out or instruct Us at any time not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes by contacting Our Data Protection Officer.
6. Transfer of your information out of the European Economic Area
We will not transfer your Personal Information outside of the United Kingdom.
7. Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have a number of important rights which are exercisable. In summary, these include rights to:
- access to your Personal Information (free of charge unless your request is excessive or repeated);
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold;
- require the erasure of Personal Information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the Personal Information concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of Personal Information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to Our continued processing of your Personal Information;
- otherwise restrict Our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by Our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Exercising your rights
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Our Data Protection Officer,
- provide Us with information from which We can identify you. For example, a reference, your name or your address,
- provide Us with proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let Us know the information to which you require.
8. Keeping your Personal Information secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information, for example, We store your Personal Information on secure servers.
While We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact Us using Our Data Protection Officer using the details below.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
9. How to complain
Our Data Protection Officer will try to resolve any query or concern you raise about Our use of your information.
The GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Where you are situated in the UK, the relevant supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
11. How to contact us
- email to: email@example.com;
- in writing to Gilthorn Farm, Skipton Road, Harrogate, Hampsthwaite, HG3 2LZ; or
- telephone on 0800 030 6747 (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 17:30pm).